- Carmichael, R.L.; and Woodward, F.A.: An Integrated Approach to the
Analysis and Design of Wings and Wing-Body Combinations in Supersonic
Flow. NASA TN D-3685, October 1966. Also in NASA SP-124.
- Carmichael, R.L.: The Prospects of Aerodynamic Performance Gains from
Wing Camber and Twist at Low Hypersonic Mach Numbers. Presented at
NASA Conference on Hypersonic Aircraft Technology, May,1967.
- Hopkins, E.J.; Hicks, R.M.; and Carmichael, R.L.: Aerodynamic
Characteristics of Several Cranked Leading-Edge Wing-Body
Combinations at Mach Numbers from 0.4 to 2.95. NASA TN D-4221,
- Nelms, W. P., Jr.; Carmichael, R.L.; and Castellano, C.R.: An
Experimental and Theoretical Investigation of a Symmetrical and a
Cambered Wing Configuration at Mach Numbers from 2.0 to 10.7.
NASA TN D-5272, June 1969.
- Carmichael, Ralph L.: A Computer Program for the Estimation of
the Aerodynamics of Wing-Body Combinations. NASA WP 246, April 1969.
- Carmichael, Ralph L.; A Critical Evaluation of Methods for
Computing Wing-Body Interference at Supersonic Speeds.
Presented at the 6th Congress of International Council of the
Aeronautical Sciences, Munich, Germany, September 1968.
ICAS Paper 68-08.
Abstract published in AIAA Bulletin, Vol. 5, no. 7, p 427.
- Carmichael, Ralph L.; Castellano, Charles R.; and Chen, Chuan F.,
Rutgers University: The Use of Finite Element Methods for
Predicting the Aerodynamics of Wing-Body Combinations.
Paper presented at NASA Symposium on Analytic Methods in
Aircraft Aerodynamics held at Ames Research Center,
October 28-30, 1969. Published in compilation of papers,
NASA SP 228, March 1970.
- Carmichael, Ralph L.: Recent Experience in Using Finite
Element Methods for the Solution of Problems in Aerodynamic
Interference. Presented at AGARD Fluid Dynamics Panel
Specialists' Meeting on "Aerodynamic Interference,"
September 28-30, 1970, Silver Springs, Maryland. Proceedings
No. 71, Paper Ref. No. 4.
- Carmichael, Ralph L, and Gregory, Thomas J.: Computer
Graphics in Preliminary Aircraft Design. Presented at the
USA-Japan Computer Conference, Tokyo, Japan, October 3-5, 1972.
- Carmichael, Ralph L. and Putnam, Richard E. "The Application
of Computer Graphics to Aircraft Design". Presented at the NASA
Conference on Application of Computer Graphics to Engineering,
Langley Research Center, October 1975, NASA SP-390.
- Carmichael, Ralph L.: Correlation with Experiment of Two Levels
of ACSYNT Aerodynamic Predictions on Wing-Body Combinations.
Presented at the NASA 3-D Aerodynamic Analyses Workshop,
NASA Ames Research Center, July 12-13, 1976.
- Putnam, Richard E.; and Carmichael, Ralph L.: SGP - A Simple
Graphics Package. Presented at SIGGRAPH '76 - the conference of
the Association for Computing Machinery Special Interest Group
on Graphics, Philadelphia, PA, July 1976.
- De Silva, B.M.E.; and Carmichael, R.L.: Three Dimensional
Canard-Wing Shape Optimization in Aircraft Cruise and Maneuver
Environments. AIAA 78-99, 1978.
- Carmichael, Ralph L.: Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation
Facility. Presented at the NASA Workshop on Aircraft Surface
Representation for Aerodynamic Computation, NASA Ames Research
Center, March 1-2, 1978.
- De Silva, B.M.E.; and Carmichael, R.L.: Canard-Wing Shape
Optimization with Aerodynamic Requirements. J. Aircraft,
vol 15, no. 11, 1978, p705-706.
- Carmichael, R. L., and Erickson, L. L., "PAN AIR-A Higher Order
Panel Method for Predicting Subsonic or Supersonic Linear Potential
Flows About Arbitrary Configurations," AIAA 81-1255, June 1981.
- Gregory, Thomas; and Carmichael, Ralph: Visual Aerodynamics.
Astronautics and Aeronautics, June 1982, p37 (and cover).
- Gregory, Thomas J.; and Carmichael, Ralph L.: Interactive
Computer Graphics - Why's Wherefore's and Examples. Astronautics
and Aeronautics, April 1983, p14-15 and cover.
- Gregory, Thomas J.; and Carmichael, Ralph L.: Getting the Picture
Through Computer Graphics. Astronautics and Aeronautics, April 1983,
- Towne, M. C., Strande, S. M., Erickson, L. L., Kroo, I. M.,
Enomoto, F. Y., Carmichael, R.L., and McPherson, K. F., "PAN AIR
Modeling Studies," AIAA 83-1830, July 1983.
- Carmichael, Ralph L.: A Collection of Procedures for Defining
Airplane Surfaces for Input to PanAir. NASA Symposium on Computer-
Aided Geometric Modeling, NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA.
NASA Conference Publication 2272, April,1983.
- Carmichael, Ralph L.: Flow Visualization by Computer Graphics.
Presented at the 3rd International Conference on Flow Visualization,
Ann Arbor MI, 6-9 Sept. 1983.
- Strande, S.M., Erickson, L.L., Snyder, L.D., and Carmichael, R.L.,
"PAN AIR Modeling Studies II: Sideslip Option, Network Gaps,
Three-Dimensional Forebody Flow and Thick Trailing Edge
Representation," AIAA 84-0220, January 1984.
- Kennelly, Robert A.,Jr.; Kroo, Ilan M.; Strong, James M.; and
Carmichael, Ralph L.: Transonic Wind Tunnel Test of a 14% Thick
Oblique Wing. NASA TM-102230, August 1990.
- Carmichael, Ralph L., Public Domain Computer Programs for the
Aeronautical Engineer, version 1. CD-ROM, Public Domain Aeronautical
Software, Santa Cruz CA, 1996. Annual versions follow; latest is
version 10, January 2005.
- Carmichael, Ralph L.; Love,John F.; and Mendenhall, Michael R.:
Wind Tunnel Investigation of the BEAL BA-1 Launch Vehicle.
NEAR TR 534, June 1998.
- Kennelly, Robert A.,Jr.; Carmichael, Ralph L.; Smith, Stephen C.; and
Strong,James M.; and Kroo, Ilan M.: Experimental Aerodynamic
Characteristics of an Oblique Wing for the F-8 OWRA.
NASA/TM-1999-209579, September 1999.
- Carmichael,Ralph L.; Love,John F.;Mendenhall,Michael R.:Wind Tunnel
Investigation of the Intrepid Family of Launch Vehicles.
NEAR TR 562, March 2001.
Nielsen Engineering and Research, Mountain View CA.
- Carmichael, Ralph L.: Algorithm for Calculating Coordinates
of Cambered NACA Airfoils at Specified Chord Locations.
Presented at AIAA Aircraft Technology, Integration and
Operations Conference, Los Angeles CA, October 2001.
- Carmichael,Ralph L.; Dillenius,Marnix F.E.; and Perkins, Stanley C.,Jr.:
Dart Freestream and Interference Aerodynamics Wind Tunnel Test.
NEAR TR 599, October 2003, revised December 2003.
Nielsen Engineering and Research, Mountain View, CA.
- Watson,Kennard; Carmichael,Ralph; Lesieutre,Daniel; Dillenius,Marnix;
Losser,Kevin; Dietz,William; Neaves,Michael; Hovland,Christopher:
Wind Tunnel Measurements of Transonic Aerodynamic Loads on Mine Clearing Darts.
AIAA 2008-346. 46th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, 2008.